DBT for Teens Workshop
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) is a skills-based coaching program. The purpose of DBT is to help teenagers and their families create and maintain safe and healthy behaviours.
Helping teenagers and their families create and maintain safe and healthy behaviours.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a skills-based coaching program. The purpose of DBT is to help teenagers and their families create and maintain safe and healthy
DBT was created about 20 years ago to help individuals live happier lives by providing support while giving teens and their families some skills to do things differently. DBT is about using validation and change to help people achieve happier lives.
How it works
In our DBT program, each teenager works with their family and life coach, to identify their goals, what they are already good at, and what might get in the way. We call the behaviours that get in the way. The Weekly Skills Group, is geared towards each teen building on what they already know and learning new things that will get rid of unuseful behaviours and help them reach their goals.
What DBT focusses on
Get along with others better and getting what you want out of relationships.
Understanding and learning how to manage emotions and strong feelings.
Providing concrete help for getting through the rough spots.
Learning to choose behaviours that work.
- 04 May 2019
- 03 August 2019
16h00 to 17h30
Office 8. Fontainebleau Village, Randburg
What to bring
Workbook & Pen
What topics are covered?
- Distress Tolerance “How to get through a crisis without making things worse”
- Emotion Regulation “How to understand emotions, change ineffective emotions, and be less vulnerable to negative emotions”
- Interpersonal Effectiveness “How to get your needs met while maintaining your relationships and self-respect”
- Mindfulness “How to pay attention to the present moment without judgment, rejection, or attachment”
Who is this for?
- DBT is for people who have difficulty controlling their emotions and behaviours.
- DBT aims to replace problem behaviours with skilful behaviours.
- DBT skills help people experience a range of emotions without necessarily acting on those emotions.
- DBT skills help teens & families navigate relationships in their environment.
- DBT helps people create a life worth living.”